Your guide to ratios
A ratio is a way of comparing quantities, or amounts, of things. Watch the short videos below to help you get to grips with ratios. The topics covered in these videos are:
- Writing ratios – part 1 (49 seconds)
- Writing ratios – part 2 (35 seconds)
- Simplifying ratios – part 1 (1 minute, 11 seconds)
- Simplifying ratios – part 2 (34 seconds)
- Three-part ratios (1 minute, 4 seconds)
Once you’ve watched the above explainer videos, why not have a go at our worksheet to test your knowledge? You can check your answers when you’re done.